Michael Unit KAIROS Program Closing Services Information
Application and Rules of Conduct for Kairos Weekend Closing At Michael Unit
Michael Unit KAIROS No. 54 CLOSING DATE: March 31, 2019
REGISTRATION FOR THE CLOSING Is Closed.
IF APPROVED FOR ENTRY YOU WILL GET AN APPROVAL LETTER WITH INSTRUCTIONS BY EMAIL THE WEEK OF THE KAIROS.
Be at the Front Gate of the Michael Unit by 1:00PM. Do not wait in line at the Drive-up Guard House at the entrance to the two units. But proceed to the entrance point ON THE LEFT and tell the officer that you are there for the KAIROS CLOSING, and follow any directions they may give you after that. Be sure and TURN RIGHT to come to the MICHAEL UNIT.
Park in the MAIN PARKING LOT. Leave all personal items in the car that you came in all you need to come in the unit with is your DRIVERS LICENSE. BE SURE TO LOCK YOUR VEHICLE AND MAKE SURE ALL WINDOWS ARE CLOSED, IF YOU ARE DRIVING A PICKUP PLEASE DO NOT HAVE ANY LOOSE ITEMS IN THE BED OR UNLOCKED TOOLBOXES.
1. You must have a state-approved driver’s license or photo ID with you at check in. The staff will retain it while you are inside the institution.
2. Keep everything else to a minimum.
- Only one car key (and only if necessary—No electronic openers).
- No key rings with a large number of keys on it.
- No knives of any kind (including the small ones attached to a key ring).
- No cell phones, beepers or other electronic devices.
- No money (purses and wallets will not be needed)
- Keep jewelry to a bare minimum
(it makes getting through the metal detector more difficult the more jewelry you wear AND YOU HAVE TO REMOVE IT ANYWAY).
- Nothing in your coat pockets (The Staff WILL examine coat pockets).
- If you have any question about an item it is better not to take it with you.
3. Dress appropriate for the occasion:
- No white clothing (residents are in white).
- No open toed shoes (including sandals).
- No logo or advertising on clothing.
- Please dress conservatively, this is a Maximum Security Prison.
Men must wear a collared shirt with at least short sleeves, slacks or jeans, and closed toe shoes (NO SANDALS) with socks, no hats, tobacco products, cell phones, knifes or combo tools, coins or paper money. or jewelry other than wach and ring. Try not to wear to much cologne. If you drove the vehicle you came in you may bring your keys in. If you rode in that vehicle please leave your keys in the vehicle All you need if you didn't drive is your DRIVERS LICENSE.
Women must wear a collared shirt with at least short sleeves, slacks or jeans, or a conservative dress at least knee length or longer and closed toe shoes (NO SANDALS), no hats, tobacco products, cell phones, knifes or combo tools, coins, paper money. or jewelry other than wach and ring. Try not to wear to much cologne or perfume. If you drove the vehicle you came in you may bring your keys in. If you rode in that vehicle please leave your keys in the vehicle. All you need if you didn't drive is your DRIVERS LICENSE.
4. Keep the noise level down in the check-in area. The staff is charged with security of Guests, Staff and Inmates. Their job is specific and nothing and no person will be permitted in who has the potential of creating disruption to the operation of the Michael Unit. Staff must be heard and they must be able to hear responses to their questions and directions. Follow all Staff directions without question.
5. If you have medical implants, pacemakers or similar devices, inform the Staff prior to entering the metal detector. If you must carry medication, it must be logged in.
6. Use restrooms prior to checking into the institution. Facilities are available in the waiting area. After you are checked in, do not go back out to use the restroom. Additional restrooms are available in the closing room.
7. When you get to the closing room please follow the direction of team members. They will have a specific seating chart to follow. Because of security, no women will be allowed to sit on the end of any row. Join in the singing when the musicians start to play. This will set a mood of praise and worship so we will be ready to greet our new brothers when they enter. After dismissal, quietly remain in your seats and listen for your number to be called. Exit promptly. Team members can visit with you in the parking lot after all have exited.
8. No physical contact is allowed between closing attendees and residents.
9. Please remember that any instructions given by staff must be followed at once, without question.
10. No one will be admitted if they are not on the closing list. A completed Closing Application, signed by a Kairos volunteer must be returned to get on the approved list for a closing.
11. Your Kairos team contact will let you know the final date to get on the list. Because of limited space, it is on a first come, first served basis.
12. Your Kairos team contact will tell you what time you need to be at the Michael Unit to get checked in.
Kairos has developed a good relationship withthe Michael Unit, and it will take all of us to continue to maintain and build this relationship. Please remember that we are guests of the Michael Unit and that everyone attending the closing is a representative of Kairos, but more importantly a representative of Christ.
Please take this page with you to the closing and review it as a reminder before entering the Michael Unit. No one who is on a visitor list at the Michael Unit will be allowed to attend KAIROS closings.